Saturday, November 29

5 Things I'm Loving Right Now with Terri Swan

Hello you lovely lot! I'm Terri and I blog over at terriswan.blogspot.co.uk. I'd love it if you'd stop by, say hello and have a look around, you'll find lifestyle, beauty and personal style posts over on my blog. I'm really happy to be doing a guest post for Scot Bloggers, I ummed and ahhed for ages about what to do my guest post on and I decided to do a 5 things I'm loving right now post. So let's get to it here are the 5 things I'm loving right now...
 


Getting in the spirit for Christmas the first thing I'm currently loving is Yankee Christmas candles I've got three that I'm loving Salted Caramel, Christmas Cookie and Candy Cane Lane. I'm not sure if Salted Caramel is actually part of the Christmas range or not but for me it's definitely an autumn/winter scent. Christmas Cookie smells good enough to eat the smell reminds me of buttercream, think vanilla and sweet but not overpowering. Candy Cane Lane looks exactly like a Christmas candle should a festive red, it's scent is hard to put your finger on but it smells like peppermint with fruity again without the peppermint being overwhelming.
 


M.A.C Velvet Teddy Matte Lipstick £15.50 usually at this time of year I'm normally drawn to dark lipsticks like purple and berry tones but right now I'm also really loving MAC Velvet Teddy. It's a gorgeous brown toned nude, it's got a hint of the 90s look to it which I love. It's perfect for day or night and the colour is buildable too. I find that it looks great if you build it up using a line liner brush. The finish of this lipstick is matte and its long lasting without drying out your lips. Ps) I've read that Kylie Jenner is a fan of it too. 
 


Multi-row Crystal Layering Necklaces £14 Urban Outfitters I bought this set of necklaces from Urban Outfitters a while back and I love them especially the shorter black stone pendant. They can be worn all together for a layering effect as they complement each other nicely or they can be worn separately. In the set you get 3 silver necklaces and they all vary in length, you get a long crystal necklace, a silver bar necklace and a shorter black stone pendant necklace all for £14. They are simple but gorgeous necklaces that add some character to everyday outfits. 


Are My Friends Hanging Out Without Me? (and Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling I liked The Mindy Project tv show so when I saw Mindy Kaling had a book out I knew I'd want to read it and hoped it would be filled with the same humour and I can report that it is! I didn't know much about Mindy before this book but she touches on subjects like bullying and her life with humour and honesty that will have you laughing along as you read it. It reads like she's standing speaking to you, so it's a pretty easy read. I'm only halfway through but I'm really enjoying it.
 



SEVENTEEN Define & Conquer Contour Kit £5.99 this contour kit from SEVENTEEN is an absolute bargain at £5.99, you get an illuminating highlighter and a contour shade that come packaged in a simple and sleek case that looks very similar to Nars packaging with a handy large mirror too. The highlighter shade isn't shimmery at all which I like, it's more illuminating and the contour shade is just the right shade not to dark, it is slightly ashy though so I recommend tapping of the excess before applying it. The SEVENTEEN contour kit is available in two shades; fair and medium. I went for the fair option because if I'm honest I couldn't see much difference between them bought, I'm really pleased with this budget friendly contour kit.

There you have it the 5 things I'm loving right now, I hope you've enjoyed my guest post for Scot Bloggers.  I'd like to say a big thank you to Scot Bloggers for offering me the chance to do a blogpost. Hopefully I'll see some of you over on my blog soon, I'd love it if you popped by to say hello! Thanks for reading! 
Find Terri...

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I'm also loving the Candy Cane Lane Yankee Candle! It's so minty, and a bit vanilla-y I think.. whatever it is, it's delicious! I don't think the Salted Caramel one is part of the Christmas range, but everyone needs salted caramel in their lives, no matter what time of the year ;) I may have to pick up that contour kit, it looks great! Fab post x

    Olivia's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's hard to describe the smell of Candy Cane Lane candle but it's so nice. The contour kit is such a bargain and so easy to use. Aw thank you :) Thanks for taking the time to read my post and comment xx

      Delete